We are committed to creating meaningful, lasting change for those who need it most in Chester County. Last fiscal year, we proudly invested $2,793,882 in our community through grants to agencies, special initiative funding and donor designations. Below is a brief overview of our impact:
- 2,662 tax returns were prepared through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), generating an economic impact of over $5.4 million
- 246 successful Mobile Home Tax Reassessment appeals were completed, pushing the total reassessments to 756
- 793 individuals received financial coaching, counseling, or other supportive services from our Financial Stability Center
- 17,122 calls were fielded through Chester County Coordinated Entry
- 20 students graduated from Leadership Chester County and gained valuable business, leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- $190,000 was raised for our Community Impact & Innovation Fund through our two annual events, Live United in Music and Chester County Stronger Golf Classic
Community Impact & Innovation Fund
The Community Impact & Innovation Fund is the strongest investment to fight for the health, education and financial stability for every person in Chester County. We offer donors the opportunity to maximize their gifts and support to the most pressing needs in the community. United Way invests Impact dollars through a competitive selection process guided by a team of community leaders and members, funders and agency leaders, creating the Community Impact Council. These volunteers work with our staff to assess the health and human service strategies that will have the greatest impact on our community, focusing on ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) as our target population.
This rigorous process ensures that your dollars make a real difference in the lives of our neighbors whose needs would not be met without your help. Together we can create real, lasting change.
Below is the 2021-2022 breakdown shown in the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) essential categories:
To learn more about our Community Impact & Innovation Fund, please contact Stephanie Miller, Chief Operating Officer, at 610.429.9400.