WE CAN HELP YOU HELP OTHERS!
We recognize the value of volunteers in supporting our Community Investment in Education, Health and Financial Independence. Whether as part of a group or on your own, your volunteering can make a real difference.
Browse the list of volunteer opportunities below or complete a VOLUNTEER PROJECT REQUEST.
Join in UWCC’s Early Education Initiative
Volunteers in UWCC's Days of Caring have since 2009 installed 10 Born Learning Trails with 8 free lending libraries throughout Chester County. Your group can do maintenance, upgrades and planting at the Born Learning Trail sites, fill and adopt a free lending library, collect books for adding to libraries and much more.
United Way Education and Financial Stability Initiatives in Action!
United Neighbors Impacting Families and Youth (UNIFY)
Chester County Intermediate Unit and United Way of Chester County are collaborating to bring a high-quality early preschool education program in Coatesville for children of low-income families who would not be able otherwise to access this important foundation to school success.
UNIFY will follow the school calendar of Coatesville Area School District.
There are many ways volunteers can help
• Classroom and curriculum support*
• Group work days to retrofit the program site
• Serve as a greeter or Family Day assistant
• Holding a preschool book drive or
• Creating literacy kits for the children in UNIFY
*Note: UNIFY classroom volunteers should be available to
1. summer orientation sessions
2. criminal background checks and child abuse clearances
3. make a commitment to a schedule
Call 610-429-9400 for more information on UNIFY.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
West Chester University
Become part of International VOICE (Volunteers Offering Individual Conversation in English) and help an English as Second Language student improve their language skills simply by having a conversation with them in English. Commit to one hour per week for four weeks.
Contact Pam Trowbridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-436-3578.
East Goshen Township Dept. of Parks and Recreation
EGT Play Ambassadors
East Goshen Township will open a brand-new destination playground in Fall 2017 that will include themed play structures and activities meant to encourage physical and social development. One such activity is the Imagination Playground, a set of commercial-quality building blocks that encourage collaborative and open ended play! Play Ambassadors will facilitate this play, ensuring the building blocks are removed and stored, and facilitating fun activities. 2-3 hour volunteer time blocks will be available Fall 2017. Individuals (minimum age: 16) and groups are welcome; Child Background Checks will be required.
Please contact Jason Lang, EGT Director of Recreation, at 610-692-7171 or email@example.com for more information, or click HERE to view the volunteer flyer.
Volunteer to help repair homes in Coatesville, Phoenixville, West Chester and/or St. Peter's Village for the elderly, disabled and single parent families. 1st and 2nd Saturday of each month, 8:30 to 4:00. Lunch is provided.
Contact Shanna Cornuet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-383-6311.
Immediate Need for Volunteer Tutors! CCOIC’s Adult Tutoring Program needs adults with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree to help individuals learn to speak English, earn their high school equivalency diploma or pass a career pathways exam to enter Nursing School. Students are waiting to be matched with a tutor!
No experience necessary - we will train you! Three hour per week volunteer commitment. Tutoring takes place at Chester County Library in Exton
Contact Maryann Stravous at email@example.com or 610-280-2618.
Community Volunteers in Medicine, West Chester
CVIM is looking for Licensed Counselors for 3-4 hour shift per week. Evening shifts available.
Please contact Miriam at 610-836-5990 x155.
Friends Association for Care and Protection of Children, West Chester
• Help clients move from the shelter into their own apartment. Moving is usually done on a Thursday, with little advance notice.
• Help clean shelter apartments and prepare them for new families. Weekdays.
• Drivers needed to transport clients to and from appointments.
• Watch clients' children at various times during the week as their parents attend meetings with social workers, service providers and counselors. Days and times are random and
often last minute. Must be at least 18 and have all three clearances on file at Friends Assoc.
Contact Amy Descovich at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
YMCA of the Greater Brandywine, West Chester
• Oct. 21 Healthy Halloween – entertain the community on Halloween. Costume is optional. Register online at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4aa5a92ca1fb6-healthy3
• Nov. 5 Try a Tri Sunday – Help needed at at pool deck, wellness floor and gym during triathlon. Register online at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4aa5a92ca1fb6-tryand
Life Transforming Ministries
Help with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) between Jan. and April 2018. Multiple roles available (tax preparer, quality reviewer, English/Spanish interpreter, greeter) at various sites in Chester County. Training provided.
Call 610-380-9099 or send an email to email@example.com if interested.
Many nonprofits welcome dedicated individuals to assist with
• Collection drives for clients-from gift cards to personal care items to food
• Clerical work and greeting clients
• Sorting donations
• Helping prepare and serve meals to those in need
• Grounds and building maintenance
• Visiting and driving
• Giving workshops and entertaining
Volunteer Chesco is a webpage on the Chester County website detailing all volunteer positions and internships available through county departments. Opportunities range from clerical and administrative, tutoring for basic computer skills, tasks at the Chester County and Henrietta Hankin Libraries, insurance and tax counseling, animal rescue, and more. To review the full list of opportunities go to Volunteer Chesco at http://chesco.org/index.aspx?NID=2969.