United Way of Chester County has launched the Chester County COVID-19 Response Fund allowing us to deploy resources to community-based organizations offering crucial support to families and individuals in need. United Way of Chester County remains committed to supporting the well-being of our most vulnerable residents.
- Providing support to programs that address things such as food vulnerability, housing assistance and financial stability, healthcare, utility assistance and other basic needs
- Providing non-profits with critical resources allowing for response to immediate community and client needs
Donating to the COVID-19 Response Fund
Exton, PA 19341
Applying for a COVID-19 Response Fund Grant
Guidelines for applying for a COVID-19 Response Fund Grant are below. Please read carefully as some conditions may have changed.
- Per IRS regulations, applicants must be charitable, tax exempt organizations with 501(c)(3) certification and cannot be individuals.
- Organizations MUST BE headquartered in Chester County and serve primarily Chester County residents.
- Beginning April 22, 2020, organizations will be limited to one grant per month.
- Grant amounts will not exceed $10,000 except by special review. Organizations may reapply as needs change or expand, but first consideration will be given to those who have not yet received funding. United Way of Chester County reserves the right to limit the total maximum amount received by any single organization.
- Grant applications may be submitted at any time. Applications received before the 10th of each month will be reviewed on or around the 13th of that month with approved payments made on or around the 15th. Applications received by the the 25th of each month will be reviewed on or around the 28th of that month, with approved grant payments made on or around the 30th.
- The granting process will continue until the fund is depleted. Applications may be deferred to the next review dependent upon available funds and community needs.
- Organizations receiving COVID-19 grant dollars may be asked for followup information regarding how grant dollars were used or about other funding sources.
- Grant requests in support of basic needs for individuals and families will be given priority. No grants will be made to solely support an organization's salary expenses. We encourage you to visit the US Department of Treasury webpage for information regarding the CARES Act Payroll Protection Program.
COVID-19 GRANT DISTRIBUTIONS
(As of 5/21/2020. Information will be updated as often as possible)
United Way of Chester County has awarded $469,500 to 67 organizations that provide relief for food insecurity, maintain critical service delivery, prevent homelessness and provide financial stability for the financial insecure. The following non-profit organizations have received rapid response grants for COVID-19 related activities and services.
- ABC123 Early Learning Center, Phoenixville
- ACT in Faith, West Chester
- Alianzas de Phoenixville, Phoenixville
- Barclay Friends, West Chester
- Brandywine Grace Church, Downingtown
- Bridge Academy and Community Center, Greater Coatesville
- Cerebral Palsy Association of Chester County
- Charles A. Melton Center, Greater West Chester
- Chester County Food Bank, Chester County
- Chester County Hospital
- Chester County Women's Services, Coatesville
- Clarifi, Inc., Exton
- Coatesville Area Senior Center, Coatesville
- Coatesville Youth initiative, Coatesville
- Community Health and Dental, Northern Chester County
- Community Volunteers in Medicine, West Chester
- Community Youth and Women's Alliance (CYWA), Coatesville
- Domestic Violence Center of Chester County, Coatesville
- Family Promise of Southern Chester County, Kennett Square
- Friends Association for the Care & Protection of Children, West Chester
- Good Neighbors, Inc., Southern Chester County
- Good Works, Inc., Chester County
- Greater Deliverance Development Outreach, Coatesville
- Health Care Access Phoenixville, Phoenixville
- Hearts in Hands Community Center, Coatesville/Downingtown
- Home of the Sparrow, Malvern
- Honey Brook Food Pantry, Honey Brook
- Hopewell United Methodist Church, Downingtown
- Housing Authority of Chester County
- Human Services, Inc., Chester County
- Kennett Area Community Services, Kennett Square
- Kennett Area YMCA, Kennett Square
- Keystone Human Services, Downingtown
- La Comunidad Hispana, Kennett Square
- Life Transforming Ministries/VITA, Coatesville
- Maternal Child Health Consortium, West Chester
- Mighty Writers, Kennett Square
- North Star of Chester County, West Chester
- Octorara Food Cupboard, Octorara
- Open Hearth, Inc. / Financial Stability Center, Chester County
- Orion, Greater Phoenixville
- Oxford Area Neighborhood Services, Oxford
- Oxford Lighthouse, Oxford
- Oxford Senior Center, Oxford
- Parkesburg Point, Parkesburg
- Phoenixville Area Children's Learning Center, Phoenixville
- Phoenixville Area Community Services (PACS), Phoenixville
- Phoenixville Area Senior Center, Phoenixville
- Safe Harbor of Greater West Chester
- SILO, Oxford
- Surrey Services, Devon
- The Arc of Chester County
- The Clinic, Phoenixville
- The Garage, Kennett Square
- The Hickman, West Chester
- The Salvation Army, West Chester
- Valley Youth House, West Chester
- Volunteer English Program, West Chester
- West Chester Area Day Care Center, West Chester
- West Chester Area Senior Center, West Chester
- West Chester Food Cupboard, West Chester
- YMCA, Brandywine Branch
- YMCA of Greater Brandywine, West Chester
- YMCA, Jennersville Branch
- YMCA, Kennett Square Branch
- YoungMoms, Kennett Square
- Youth Mentoring Partnership, Malvern
COVID-19 PANDEMIC INFORMATION
United Way of Chester County encourages individuals to connect with the Chester County Health Department for the most recent information regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Visit https://www.chesco.org/4376/Coronavirus-COVID-19 for the latest.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund at Chester County Community Foundation
Healthcare and Economic Relief Impact Fund for Greater Coatesville at Brandywine Health Foundation
COVID-19 Relief Fund at Phoenixville Community Health Foundation