United Way of Chester County depends on supporters like you to accomplish our mission of building better lives and stronger communities in Chester County. Our neighbors who are working hard to make ends meet may need help putting food on the table, paying bills, training for a better job, and much more. That’s where United Way of Chester County steps in. We help people recover, rebuild and reimagine a better life.
2021 is coming to a close, but there is still so much work to do. During this season of giving, we ask that you please support United Way of Chester County to help us:
- connect more people to mental health care services
- provide more food accessibility to those in need
- provide support for those navigating unemployment and underemployment
- support and mentor students working to graduate high school
- help more people get help through 211, a critical helpline
- increase job training opportunities and support
- increase access to healthcare
Our community is a collection of all of us. The stronger and more supported all of us are, the more our community can flourish. Every gift made to our Community Impact and Innovation Fund, big or small, makes a huge difference. Our community needs us, and we need you. You can make your gift online here. Thank you for your consideration.
United Way of Chester County Announces 1st Annual Golf Outing
Join United Way of Chester County at our 1st Annual Golf Outing at Penn Oaks Golf Club on April 26, 2022. Outing participants will unite for the worthy cause of contributing vital support to United Way of Chester County in our fight for the education, health and financial stability of every person in Chester County, while enjoying a full afternoon of fellowship and fun.
This event, presented by Meridian Bank, will benefit our Community Impact & Innovation Fund. Corporate sponsorships are available at all levels. For more information on sponsorships, please contact Christina Wagoner at 610-429-9400 x4101 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting www.LiveUnitedinGolf.org.
Volunteers Needed for VITA Program
We need your help – can you volunteer? Life Transforming Ministries (LTM) is certified by the IRS within their Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and has been operating sites in Chester County since 2004.
The VITA program is a perfect short-term community outreach opportunity from January through April that offers flexible hours and benefits families who don’t earn high wages.
- No prior experience necessary
- Free IRS Certification Training available in a classroom or at your own pace online
- Many locations: Coatesville, Downingtown, West Chester, Phoenixville, Exton, and other locations in Chester County
- Multiple roles available: Tax Preparer, Quality Reviewer, Interpreter (English/Spanish), Intake Coordinator, Program Support
United Way of Chester County Named Non-Profit of the Year
We are honored to share that Downingtown-Thorndale Regional Chamber of Commerce has selected us as 2021 Non-Profit of the Year!