The mission of United Way of Chester County is to unite people and mobilize resources to build better lives and stronger communities.
Our vision for Chester County is a community where are residents have the opportunity to achieve a vibrant and healthy quality of life.
We invest in strategies and solutions that help children and youth achieve their potential, promote stabilty and financial self-sufficiency, and help individuals live independently and overcome obstacles to good health.
Children & Youth Achieving Their Full Potential
- Preparing elementary students to succeed in later grades
- Supporting school success & academic achievement
- Engaging young adults to make a successful transition from high school to a productive work life
- Building the capacity of parents & caregivers to ensure a nurturing environment
Living Independently and Overcoming Obstacles to Good Health
- Increasing access to treatment & services
- Supporting basic health coverage & preventive care
- Increasing nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices
- Helping seniors and disabled residents maintain independent living
- Investing in health education, screening, prevention and intervention strategies that help strengthen individuals & families
- Ensuring the ongoing safety and well-being of individuals & families with access to temporary assistance in the event of crisis
Promoting Stability and Self-Sufficiency
- Breaking the cycle of poverty
- Developing basic life skills to increase self-sufficiency
- Achieving greater financial stability through increasing income, building savings, and gaining & sustaining assets
- Increasing financial knowledge & literacy
- Increasing access to affordable housing